Motor-CAD enables users to quickly and easily perform electromagnetic and thermal performance tests on electric machine designs, using an integrated system of software packages: EMag, Therm and Lab. Accurate electromagnetic and thermal calculations can be carried out in minutes, giving our customers more time to optimise and enhance their designs. The results are presented in an easy to understand format that allows design decisions to be taken efficiently.
Motor-CAD v11 has many new features and improvements, including:
- New multiphase winding options for BPM machines
- New FEA path interface allowing values to be analysed along paths
- New SYNC EMag and Lab modules
- New SRM EMag module
- New thermal calculation interface
- New automated calculation of forces, including both spatial and time harmonics, which can be exported for NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) studies. This functionality also enables static and dynamic rotor eccentricity to be included in the calculation.
To find out what else is new, download our Motor-CAD v11 specification sheet.
Existing user? Log in to our client area to download the new release.
Motor-CAD video tutorial
Interested in seeing Motor-CAD software in action? To accompany the release of Motor-CAD v11, we have produced a video tutorial to guide you through some of the main features.
What will you learn? This video tutorial, presented by Dr James Goss, will give a brief introduction to the Motor-CAD software suite, followed by a live demonstration of some of the main features. Watch this video if you are interested in understanding more about multi-physics electric motor design and simulation using the Motor-CAD software tool.
To find out more about Motor-CAD software, get in touch using our enquiry form.