Combined 2D FE environment and analytical algorithms for fast calculation of electromagnetic and electrical performance.
Quickly perform a range of electromagnetic performance tests on prototype designs with Motor-CAD EMag, including calculation of torque, power, losses, voltages, currents, inductances, flux linkages and forces. Input and optimise designs easily with the module’s extensive range of parameterised templates and geometries, or with your own bespoke tolerances based design.
Motor-CAD EMag modules are available for the following motor types:
- BPM: Brushless Permanent Magnet motors
- IM: Induction motors
- SRM: Switched Reluctance motors
- SYNCREL: Synchronous Reluctance motors
- SYNC: Synchronous machines
- PMDC: Permanent Magnet DC motors
- IM1PH: Single Phase Induction motors.
- Extensive range of parametrised templates and geometries.
- Automatically sets up calculations for different performance tests.
- Allows users to calculate torque, power, losses, voltages, currents, inductances, flux linkages and forces.
- Embedded 2D transient or magneto-static FEA solvers with meshing and boundary conditions automatically set up.
- Allows advanced calculations, such as eddy current in magnets, or induction machine rotor bars and calculation of AC winding losses.
- DXF and scriptable geometries, custom current waveforms, multi-slice rotor skewing.
- Combined 2D finite element and analytical modelling approach means designs can be input and calculated in minutes, enabling users to account for complex electromagnetic effects early in the design process.
- Couples to Motor-CAD Therm, allowing users to solve thermal calculations iteratively.
Learn about Motor-CAD Therm
Interested in finding out more? Our motor design specialists can help you understand whether Motor-CAD will meet your needs and arrange for you to evaluate Motor-CAD software for free. Fill out our contact form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be in touch.
Read our latest white paper on ‘Performance Analysis of Electric Motor Technologies for an Electric Vehicle Powertrain’
In our latest white paper, we discuss how different design choices, such as motor topology, winding type and cooling system, can be compared and evaluated with the overall system impact in mind.
Motor Design Ltd is proud to celebrate 20 years of Motor-CAD software! Read our interview with MDL founder and company president, Dr David Staton.
Motor Design Ltd is delighted to announce the release of Motor-CAD v12 — the latest version of our unique software package dedicated to the electromechanical performance of motors and generators and the optimisation of their cooling.
We are delighted to announce that Motor Design Ltd’s inaugural European Motor-CAD User Conference will take place on the 20th-21st February 2019, in Birmingham, UK. The two-day event will bring together engineers and researchers working on eMachine design to learn about technological developments, share best practice and discuss their challenges and approaches.
Workshop on ‘Design Trends and Performance Analysis of BEV & HEV Electric Machines’ at Motor & Drive Systems 2019
Dr. David Staton will be running a workshop on ‘Design Trends and Performance Analysis of BEV & HEV Electric Machines’ at the 2019 Motor & Drive Systems Conference in Orlando, Florida.
We are delighted to announce that the Electric Drive Tail Rotor Team, which included representatives from MDL, was awarded a Team Bronze Medal at the 2018 Royal Aeronautical Society awards ceremony in November.
Watch our webinar on ‘Accounting for AC Winding Losses in the Electric Machine Design Process using Motor-CAD’
Watch a recording of our recent webinar on ‘Accounting for AC Winding Losses in the Electric Machine Design Process using Motor-CAD’.
Registration open for our training course on the design of brushless permanent magnet (BPM) and induction motors using Motor-CAD.
Register now to attend our U.S. Motor-CAD users meeting and training course, taking place from 17th-21st September 2018 in Mason, Ohio
Motor Design Ltd are delighted to introduce Michael Rubbo, who will be supporting Motor-CAD users based in the U.S. as a Lead Applications Engineer.
FIND OUT MORE...
The Motor-CAD software is distributed worldwide. Our carefully selected partners are experts in the use of the software and can provide support and training.
To find a distributor near you, click on the link below.