Fast calculation of electromagnetic and electrical performance.
Combined 2D FE environment and analytical algorithms for fast calculation of electromagnetic and electrical performance.
Quickly perform a range of electromagnetic performance tests on prototype designs with Motor-CAD EMag, including calculation of torque, power, losses, voltages, currents, inductances, flux linkages and forces. Input and optimise designs easily with the module’s extensive range of parameterised templates and geometries, or with your own bespoke tolerances based design.
- Extensive range of parametrised templates and geometries.
- Automatically sets up calculations for different performance tests.
- Allows users to calculate torque, power, losses, voltages, currents, inductances, flux linkages and forces.
- Embedded 2D transient or magneto-static FEA solvers with meshing and boundary conditions automatically set up.
- Allows advanced calculations, such as eddy current in magnets, or induction machine rotor bars and calculation of AC winding losses.
- DXF and scriptable geometries, custom current waveforms, multi-slice rotor skewing.
- Combined 2D finite element and analytical modelling approach means designs can be input and calculated in minutes, enabling users to account for complex electromagnetic effects early in the design process.
- Couples to Motor-CAD Therm, allowing users to solve thermal calculations iteratively.
Motor-CAD EMag modules are available for the following motor types:
- BPM: Brushless Permanent Magnet motors
- IM: Induction motors
- SRM: Switched Reluctance motors
- SYNCREL: Synchronous Reluctance motors
- SYNC: Synchronous machines
- PMDC: Permanent Magnet DC motors
- IM1PH: Single Phase Induction motors.
FIND OUT MORE
The Motor-CAD software is distributed worldwide. Our carefully selected partners are experts in the use of the software and can provide support and training.
To find a distributor near you, click on the link below.