Efficiency mapping and performance across a duty cycle.
Efficiency mapping and performance across a duty cycle
The Motor-CAD Lab module has been developed to enable rapid and accurate analysis of any electric machine design over the full operating envelope. With Motor-CAD Lab, engineers can create efficiency maps, plot torque/speed characteristics, study the continuous and peak thermally constrained operational envelope and analyse performance over driving cycles. It is fast, easy to use and the techniques have been experimentally verified.
- Generate efficiency and loss maps.
- Calculate the peak torque/speed characteristic.
- Calculate the continuous (thermally constrained) torque/speed characteristics.
- Analyse performance over complex driving cycles.
- Uses maximum torque/amp and maximum efficiency control strategies.
- Intuitive user interface – data is produced in a simple format that can easily be exported to MATLAB, Microsoft Excel and other applications. A wide variety of graphs can be generated and a number of publication-quality output formats are supported.
Motor-CAD Lab is available for the following motor types:
- BPM: Brushless Permanent Magnet motors
- IM: Induction motors
- SYNCREL: Synchronous Reluctance motors
- SYNC: Synchronous machines.
FIND OUT MORE
The Motor-CAD software is distributed worldwide. Our carefully selected partners are experts in the use of the software and can provide support and training.
To find a distributor near you, click on the link below.